Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Elusive Arcade


By Gemma Cleanslate

I have been trying for two days to get into the Country Club region to visit The Arcade. 

This is an Event at The Arcade and it is the first birthday. It is always full! This event will be here until the 30th of September, so sooner or later you may be able to get there. It is billed on the website as, “The Arcade is a brand of gacha events within Second Life, featuring some of the grid’s best content creators.” Read about gacha events here on the website http://thearcadesl.com/about/the-event/

As I hung around in the air at the edge of the sim with others waiting and hoping we got a message from Archibald Gachum, who shouted, "Enter The Arcade photography contest, featuring prizes from 12 beloved brands. 1st place gets early access into our next 4 gacha events (December 2013 - September 2014)! http://thearcadesl.com/contest/how-to-enter “ in the chat. 

As I cammed in on the inside of the Arcade, I could see that the games are definitely arcade games from the past. Each game has a prize connected with it that is displayed on a small billboard next to the machines. I don’t know how much it costs to play yet, since I am still hovering on the next sim edge but it looks extremely popular and I wanted to let you all know about it so you will have time to try to enter. The build itself is worth a visit and perhaps if you are a photographer enter the contest. 

As I looked around at the three sims next to Country club I found 34 avatars hovering in the air or on the landing ship in Casablanca Bay, or Club Road and Park Drive. If you are a member of the group I read that you are granted early admission to an event.  As I left there were still 31 people inside The Arcade. Good Luck!! I will try again tomorrow! This is the first time I have written about a place to which I have never been! 

Thanks to Daniel Voyager for getting the slurl!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Country%20Club/167/114/3132


Gemma Cleanslate

Editor's Note: The games I noticed in a visit in June cost 25-100 Lindens each round to play. It's possible others could be higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment