Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Mountain , An Agave and a Gorilla

Sunday I was pleased to be invited to an opening of Sledge Roffo’s showing of new art pieces at Studio33 Gallery located at Rockcliffe Conservatory. Monroe Snook is the owner of the Gallery of which The Art Yard is one of several buildings that feature the rich and wonderful creations of many of the finest artists in Second Life.

Sledge 's exhibit is called “A Mountain, an Agave and a Gorilla.” His exhibit will be at the Art Yard until March 16. It is very diverse in the pieces you will see. Sledge told me, “This is some primagery and my exploration of pixel art...still evolving.” The Mountain is a collection of marvelous depictions of his mountain in delicate textures and hues. Each piece is called Suspicious Mountain. You see a sculpture of the Mountain that may perhaps show why it is called suspicious I would say. I believe Sledge zoomed in on his sculpture to find the art that is hanging on the wall.

The Agave is distinctly different art work. It is his pixel art, as is the Gorilla. I found it very interesting to watch some of the pixel art as it changed on the wall. It took a while for me to find the Gorilla but I did.The piece is called “Feed the Gorilla” and there is a large banana ready. Around the corner from the gorilla were my favorite pixel art, four faces or masks of different shades and tones of color that I enjoyed studying.

Be sure to drop by to see the exhibit before it closes. It is well worth a visit to see the variety of talent of Sledge Roffo.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Rockcliffe%20Conservatory/182/35/526

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment