Monday, March 7, 2022

Interview With Sabina Valeska, An SL Video Award Winner About Her Passion as A Videographer

 *
by Marcel Mosswood

Being someone who wins a world-class competition will make you feel proud and increase your self-confidence. Especially if that field is your passion, where you can express your abilities and there is healing in it’s process.


A few days ago I had the privilege of speaking with Sabina Valeska, winner of the February SL Video Award in the Music Video category (https://slvideogroup.wixsite.com/slvideocreators/sl-video-awards). Our conversation is very interesting and reveals Sabina's passion for her profession as a videographer.


Marcel: Congratulation! I’m so proud that you are the winner! Can you tell me about your experience on SL Video Awards?

Sabina: Being eligible to participate in the Second Life video award itself is definitely a humbling experience, not to mention winning the competition. I have been making SL videos since 2018 and I have just made a return in 2021 after taking a long break. My sole motivation for making the video has been for self-amusement; I consider it as a part of therapy, really. It, therefore, took me by surprise when Jordan Rizzo informed me that two of my videos had been nominated for the award.

Marcel: What inspired you to create this winning video?

Sabina: My SL partner, Dylan Sinatra (YKZ4 resident), has always been my inspiration. He has been a professional videographer himself since 2017.

It was my birthday when I made this video. I reminisced the uneasy years I had been through and I felt so grateful for his company and support which helped me rise from fall. I then decided to express this gratitude through this video. It was all spontaneous.

I found “Return to Innocence” as a perfect song to convey all this message for its deep-meaning lyrics, precisely depicting what Dylan had contributed to my life in these two years. He taught me how to ignore the negativity and instead, focus on achieving our goals and being who we are. Many people are lost along their journey in life and I want to inspire them through this video to find themselves and regain peacefulness. I believe self-peacefulness is the predecessor of spreading positivity, healing people, and lifting them up.

Marcel: Very interesting! Is this your first experience of an Second Life video competition?

Sabina: Yes, it is. Being nominated together with professional renowned videographers was truly a humbling yet exciting experience. I want to learn a lot from them, especially on the execution technics.

Marcel: What makes you enjoy making videos on Second Life?

Sabina: I find it difficult to convey what I feel through words. Through video, on the contrary, I find liberty. Therefore, creating a video is an effective way to pipeline the emotion and ideas; it is a therapy. Definitely, it would be wonderful if my videos can reach people in need, inspire them to be a better version of themselves. Pipelining the emotion while inspiring people, what would be better therapy than that?

Marcel: Wow, that was very inspirational. I think this will be great if you share this inspiring moment with SL Newser readers.

Sabina: Sure! I will be glad.

And this has closed our conversation. Hope this inspires you.

Marcel Mosswood

No comments:

Post a Comment