Monday, January 14, 2019

Windlight Gallery


by Gemma Cleanslate


I have been outside so much in the cold and wintery air exploring winter and holiday places I felt the need to take a break and go relish some art inside a gallery. I had not been over to the Windlight Gallery for a while and there was revamping going on so I decided to check it out.


The Gallery just reopened on Jan 6 with artists for the month.


I really like the look of the new gallery. Each artist has a wall space with a lovely name placard and a picture of the artist below that give a notecard about the artist. This is so helpful to people viewing the pieces who might like to contact the artist for more information. I always like to find one when I visit galleries around the grid. There are an eclectic selection on the two floors of the gallery of rl and sl art . It is a good place to view the many genres artists have in their  creative passions.  It is also a wonderful place to purchase works that you like for your homes. There is always something here for anyone’s taste. Outside the gallery on the road you will find small galleries of artists that are mostly permanent to visit.


 I always take a walk around and then stop off at the  Ristorante Ivanna. This is a charming dining site where anyone can visit and enjoy your choice off an extensive menu. It makes for a great dining place for friends or lovers. I believe it can be booked for parties . The bar tender is always there to help and listen if you need to talk.


I ran into the owner , John Brianna (johannes1977 Resident), working on the revamp of the Black and White Gallery, The Edge, while I was there . The Edge  will be reopening  Sunday the 20th of January. There will be a big reopening party as usual. I am sorry to say I missed the last weekend one for the Windlight.  I always look forward to the new art that appears here every month. A list of the currant artists can be found on the Kultivate Magazine website :  https://kultivatemagazine.com/artists/  


 This is the entrance to the gallery.

 http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Water%20Haven/69/134/26

Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment