Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Deesha Romance and Relaxation Area


By Bixyl Shuftan

Second Life Newser was informed about a place in Second Life set up as a rest and relaxation area for people, one with a unique look. Asked to contact a Trusor Draesia, I did so, and was given a teleport request. Heading over, I found myself around a location with an otherworldly look to it, with the alien-looking trees and grasses. The background music was light and easygoing.


"Welcome to 'Deesha, World of Romance' ," Trusor greeted me in voice. She explained that she had an interest in science-fiction, and so made the place to resemble ancient alien ruins. She showed me around. There were various structures around, such as stones with glowing lines etched into them, or the webbed hand from a giant statue sticking out of the water as if reaching for help. One could wade through the pale alien "grass," which looked more like seaweed growing on land.

 Trusor directed me to the remains of a walkway with a circular hole in the middle, with a red hologram filling it. She invited me to jump in. Doing so, there was a whole new area of the alien region. There were fountains with water running down, with plants in pots and small gardens.  She suggested that I set the view to midnight, and doing so, the place took on a new look. Torches lit up much of the area in light, and a number of the alien plants were  giving off a soft glow. And there were luminous creatures resembling anemones, glowing in the dark as they slowly floated through the air. It was quite a sight not often seen on the Grid.

Trusor told me the place had gotten numerous complements, "I take them to the top platform, and they tell me it's great. Then I invite them below, and they're going 'Oh my God!'"

On the surface, visitors will sometimes find they have company. Residents may find a small flying saucer buzzing about their feet. Trusor chuckled a little, saying she wanted to give the place a little humor. Down below, there are a few round structures in which people can walk inside and find a spot for couples to sit, and the view outside clear. Trusor explained those were for couples who wanted a little privacy, people outside unable to see in, but those inside could see out.

Trusor commented she was feeling a little bored at the time when creating Deesha, but did want to make a place that people could enjoy. She had basically connected two huge skybox rooms into a "double platform," then decorated, "Not bad for a non-builder." She had made not a single item in the place, but instead purchased or was given the contents. She had spent three to four days setting things up before  deciding it was ready for visitors.

Besides a love of science fiction and romance, there was one other reason Trusor made Deesha as it was. "Many romance places have closed," she told me, "others are surrounded by shopping malls. I didn't want to make it commercial. So I built it like this. … I don't charge anyone anything. I'll take donations, sure. But I'm not in this to make money. This is a place to relax."

So who goes to Deesha? "A lot of couples come here," Trusor answered, "Some single people, but for the most part couples." She told me often when dropping by she'd see couples dancing to the music. "I've had weddings here," She told me, saying there would be another in about a week.

Trusor has no plans to change Deesha. "People enjoy it. Three, four couples keep coming back. So that makes me happy. … Everyone who comes here likes it. "

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment